Thursday, August 14, 2014

Quick Dosa - B.C Dosa

Ingredients:
1 cup basmati rice
3/4 cup urud dal

Soak these 2 ingredients for 3-4 hrs. and grind to a fine paste, add enough water/buttermilk to get a pouring consistency.

pinch of asafoetida/ hing
1/4 tsp jeera
salt to taste
a pinch sugar
1/2 cup thick buttermilk
a pinch of baking soda
1/4 tsp of finely grated ginger
2 green chillies chopped
4 - 5 curry leaves chopped coarsely

Mix the above ingredients to the batter and keep it aside of 15 mts. Heat a non stick pan and check the temp by splashing a few drops of water - at the right temp the water sizzles and evaporates. Then pour a ladleful of batter and spread it by making concentric circles using the back of the ladle. Wait a couple of minutes for bubbles/ holes to appear and let the dosa cook on one side then flip it and cook the other side. Serve hot with spicy coconut chutney. Enjoy.

I've been getting many requests for posting photographs but unfortunately the camera isn't round when I need it or the dish is devoured by the time I get the camera!! All I can post is the happy faces of my regular customers :).

I got the inspiration to make this after our recent vacation to Vancouver, B.C. I call it B.C dosa because it was better than all the continental breakfasts we had, in the hotels we stayed ;). Een my four yr old was happy to eat a dosa and half without fussing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment